I Want a Crayfish’s Heart began as a simple idea: if my heart was broken, and I could choose from a catalog of replacements from different creatures, what would I choose? Which heart would be strong enough to withstand another crushing blow? The narrative explores the hearts of a fish, a horse, and an octopus, among others. The above spread features the tortoise and reads, “I want a tortoise’s heart, so I can take my time with you.” Printed on Ingres paper, this pamphlet is 16 pages, a sewn softcover. Images are printed using photopolymer plates. Size is 5″ x 6″. Edition of 35. $25.
Author of the Bayou Sabine series. Book artist, printmaker, rabid reader, freelance writer and editor. Lover of language and wild stories. South Carolina native.
For inquiries: email@example.com
Recent blog posts
- New Prints + A New Year = New Focus
- A New Survival Strategy – the Artist’s Edition
- The Great Mixed Media Experiment
- Finding Balance: or, How I Realized I’m a Workaholic
- How I Made My Art Sales More Eco-Friendly (and You Can, Too!)
- The Thing I Swore I’d Never Do
- The Benefits of Daily Drawing
- For the Love of Snail Mail: A New Subscription Box
- Fun Freebie: Paper Bird Ornaments
- Try Again, Fail Better
- Why I Draw Every Day
- Cover Reveal: Rosemary and Gabriel